Thursday, April 17, 2014

Day 7 - Buonconvento

The journey from San Gimignano to Siena took longer than expected. Got missed a sign and went off a bit, something you don't want to happen on the Tuscany hills as they are surprising harder than going up and down the Apeninnes mountain. That you know how much further up. The winding roads here you have no idea and can't see it if it is up again after the bend. Still the view is excellent. My legs were getting tired and I really don't mind a shorter day to Siena but the weird thing is that started followimg the vehicle via francigena sign instead of the walker sign and the next thing I know is that I am already down the hill on the way out. Can't imagine I can actually missed a big city like Siena. Too tired to go up the hill again back into Siena and decide to 20 something km to Buonconvento. Anyway I had been to Siena and the center steps plaza is not a big deal (sour grapes! :)

I've met and talked to a couple bikers and like many places in Tuscany, they are foreigners. Mostly they got here via campervan and ridding on lightweight road bikes. A Canadian couple and even a couple from Switzerland but they are riding on fully loaded touring bikes. He stop (probably attracted to my bike with planners and we chatted a bit. They were on a world wide journey fir the last 2 years and now going home. Will have tI check out his web site when I am back.

No comments: