Sunday, April 20, 2014

Day 10 - Last post of my via Francigena

Finally. Now it's a slow ride to find the b&b that I had booked earlier considering this is the Easter weekend near the Tiburtina station. Actually more of pushing the bike as there are so many tourist. Actually I am officially now a tourist too! It's not easy to move around Rome without bumping into a tourist spot. Too many, heres 2 of them. The place I am staying are more residential and its nice to see how the people of Rome actually live. Got a flat (third) right outside the street of the b&b! Fixed it at the b&b and have it cleaned up. Will be sad to let it go, my steed for the last 10 days.

Tomorrow I will just relax and maybe ride along the Appian way, the only thing I have not done in Rome.

The experience of riding a bicycle to Rome is great, but I would probably walk my next pilgrimages. It is very tough and I have to give up or push on some of the trails. It may be faster but you experience more when walking.

That's it. Till the next pilgrimage.

3 comments:

Rosalinda said...

Great Evan, Buona Pasqua!
Despite all the Rockrider has done his duty... :)

Rebecca said...

Congratulations and well done peregrino! What an adventure it had been to ride into Rome! Thanks so much for sharing your journey with us.

kabe1968 said...

congratulations - i did the via francigena by foot in the last two years from lausanne to rome. i know it's harder than the caminos to santiago ...