Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Day 36 - Sunset in Fisterra

That's it. Another over 3 km walk back from the lighthouse (sans backpack) and my walking is finally done. I am a tourist now, even if it was just for a day or so.

Tomorrow a bus back to Santiago for a last look and some shopping before a midnight bus to Madrid for my flight home on Wednesday afternoon. By the time I get back home on Thursday afternoon I will be plastered. On the bright side, I have 3 days to recover.

I have walked over 900 km in the last 36 days. My Camino battery have been recharged, for a while anyway. You bet that there is going to be more Caminos as long as I am able to walk.

Many people asked me of all the 4 Caminos that I have done, which is my favorite? All the Caminos are different. The Camino Frances is cultural and varied, and best for the first time even though it is crowded. The Camino Primitivo is rural and mountainous and lots of time for reflection. The Camino Via de la Plata is wide, long and flat, and you can really empty your mind. And this Camino del Norte is hard and technical, but with so many places of intense beauty.

And whichever route one walks, the 3 or 4 days from Santiago to land's end (Fisterra and/or Muxia) is a good way to end the journey.

It's past 12 am now. Good night.

No comments: